Update 27 Aug: due to technical problems this vacancy wrongly shows up as "expired" on the academictransfer website. The vacancy is still open for applications until 15 Sep, and the website will be corrected soon.
Our Public Administration and Policy group at Wageningen University is looking for a postdoc to carry out research in the ESPA project “Adaptive governance of mountain ecosystem services for poverty alleviation enabled by environmental virtual observatories (MOUNTAIN-EVO)”. We are looking for a social science researcher in this cross-disciplinary project with Imperial College London and the University of Birmingham. This position will involve working with local researchers in mountain regions in Peru, Ethiopia, Kyrgizstan and Nepal and synthesizing the social science insights on the potential of participatory monitoring, knowledge co-generation and environmental virtual observatories for adaptive governance of ecosystem services in these mountain regions. The project will be under supervision of dr. Art Dewulf and prof. Katrien Termeer of the Public Administration and Policy group. For more information on the MOUNTAIN-EVO project, see http://artdewulf.blogspot.nl/2013/04/adaptive-governance-of-mountain.html
We are looking for ambitious and enthusiastic scientist, with a PhD in a relevant social scientific discipline and with cross-disciplinary research skills.
The ideal candidate:
• has a PhD in the field of public administration, political science, development studies, environmental studies or other relevant social scientific discipline
• is familiar with the literature on ecosystem services, adaptive governance and poverty alleviation
• has experience with doing research in the global South and is prepared to travel to the different case study areas for study visits
• has published internationally in refereed scientific journals Is able to write articles and reports, to which many researchers contribute
• has published internationally in refereed scientific journals
• has excellent communication and writing skills in English (knowledge of Dutch or Spanish is an advantage)
We offer a postdoc position for 36 months with an intended starting date of 1 December 2013. The official job announcement can be found at www.academictransfer.com/19767 and is open for applications until 15 September. For more information contact art . dewulf @ wur . nl (without the spaces).